The new Tocumen International Airport in Panama is set to increase capacity from 5.8 to 15 million passengers a year by 2022, establishing an important new hub for the Americas. The new terminal is designed to reflect the Panamanian landscape,..
- Tocumen International Airport - Panama City, Panama
- New Manila International Airport Philippines
New Manila International Airport is a proposed development project to construct a second airport and attendant 2,500 hectare 'airport city' in the Filipino capital of Manila. The new airport is expected to complement air traffic operations at the existing and..
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl. (ATL), Central Passenger Terminal Complex Modernization-Airside
Skanska-FS360, a joint venture, is providing preconstruction and construction management services for the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Central Passenger Terminal Complex Modernization project. The airside scope of work includes improvements to the AGT (Plane Train) Stations and Transportation Mall; new..
- Sydney Airport Master Plan 2039 - Overview
Master Plan 2039 sets out the strategic direction for the development of Sydney Airport over the next 20 years. It was prepared following comprehensive engagement and ongoing consultation with airlines, other members of the aviation industry, Australian and NSW Government..
- Geneva Airport’s East Wing: An increased focus on energy performance
Geneva Airport has completed construction of its East Wing, modernising the terminal.
- New International Airport Mexico City
A collaboration between Foster + Partners, FR-EE and NACO won the international competition to design Mexico City’s new international airport. At 743,000 square metres, it will be one of the world’s largest airports and will revolutionise airport design – the..
- Red Sea Airport - Umluj, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
The new Red Sea Airport has been inspired by the forms of the desert, the green oasis and the sea, removing the usual hassle associated with travel by providing a tranquil and memorable experience for passengers from the moment they..
- Kuwait International Airport - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Kuwait International Airport is planned to significantly increase capacity and establish a new regional air hub in the Gulf - these strategic aims will be matched by a state-of-the-art terminal building, which will provide the highest levels of comfort for..
- Mega Airport Projects
Mega Airport Projects
- Notorious project failures — Berlin airport: Why did it go wrong?
Using a simplified framework -- composed of 10 areas of focus -- that I developed over years of teaching executives how to do better projects and that I apply consistently in my day-to-day job, I will look at projects that..
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, India
Delhi's mega-scale international airport was delivered in record-beating time. Mott MacDonald saw it through from master planning to opening.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) Airport Reveals Dramatic New International Arrivals Facility
Airport offers first look as major construction concludes and testing reaches final phases
- The most expensive airport projects in 2021
Of the ten most expensive airport projects that entered the execution phase in 2021, seven are located in Asia. In total, 159 airport construction projects broke ground over the last year. These projects have a combined value of almost $110bn,..
- Long Thanh International Airport Vietnam
Long Thanh International Airport is an airport development project which is planned to alleviate traffic congestion at Ho Chi Minh City Tan Son Nhat Airport. In the first phase, the airport is forecast to exceed its capacity of 25 million..
- Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport
Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport, also spelled Utapao and U-Taphao, is a joint civil-military airport serving the cities of Rayong and Pattaya, in Thailand. The airport is located approximately 140km southeast of Bangkok, near Sattahip.
- Manila-Sangley Point Danilo Atienza Air Base Philippines
Danilo Atienza Air Base, also known as Manila Sangley International Airport, is an air force base located in the US Naval Station Sangley Point, Cavite City, near Manila. The airport is an active military base operated by the Philippine Air..
- Replacing an aging terminal – San Diego’s airport development plan continues
As the busiest single runway commercial airport in the United States and – pre COVID-19 – servicing more than 25 million passengers including one million international passengers annually, the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (Airport Authority) has laid the..
- Why airports should think like tech companies
International Airport Review’s Editor sat down with CIO of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Together they discussed the airport’s digital transformation journey. Schiphol wants to use its recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic to build back better. They are striving to become leaders..
- Navi Mumbai International Airport
Navi Mumbai International Airport is a proposed green field airport project located in Mumbai’s Kopra-Panvel area. Navi Mumbai will be Mumbai's second airport. Upon its completion, Mumbai will be the first city in India to have more than one airport...
- Europe’s five largest airport infrastructure construction projects that commenced in Q3 2021
Here are Europe’s five largest airport infrastructure construction projects that were initiated in Q3 2021, according to GlobalData’s construction projects database.
- Iceland’s second city airport gets terminal expansion; tourism boost needed
Akureyri, Iceland’s largest city outside the Reykjavik conurbation, has made strides as a tourist centre in recent years. So much so that the state airport operator Isavia has committed to infrastructure works including a terminal extension there, costing over EUR5..
- Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto, Ontario - Innovative multidisciplinary design for Canada's largest airport.
Innovative multidisciplinary design for Canada's largest airport.
- Edmonton International Airport
Edmonton International Airport + One of the largest airport improvement projects in Canada.
- Tampa International Airport’s Master Plan expansion
Several massive construction projects at Tampa International Airport are nearing completion
- Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) major capital investment program
LAWA is in the midst of a major capital investment program that includes significant work on both the airfield side (terminals, runways, maintenance facilities) and the land side (LAMP and Northside Plan Update). Each of these projects include sustainability elements..
- Collaborative Team Helps Salt Lake City International Airport’s $4.1B Airport Soar to Regional Praise, Awards
First-time joint venture contracting team leads thousands of workers in early completion of $4.1-billion worth of work Salt Lake City International Airport Terminal Redevelopment Program
- Helsinki Airport Development Programme
The most extensive expansion project in the history of Helsinki Airport is under way. The goal of Finavia’s giant investment programme is to develop services and customer experience and strengthen the competitive position of Helsinki Airport as a significant European..
- Munich Airport - Bavaria's gateway to the world
Munich Airport celebrated a milestone in 2017, after relocating from Riem to the Erdinger Moos area 25 years ago. It is now a hub with worldwide destinations and an important factor in the lives of local people and companies.
- Maputo International Airport - rehabilitation and improvement works on the airside facilities
Enlisted by Aeroportos de Moçambique (ADM) for the design and supervision of rehabilitation and improvement works on the airside facilities at Maputo International Airport. Over the past two decades, Mozambique has experienced some of the largest economic growth in Africa,..
- San Diego International Airport Terminal 2 Expansion
The expansion of Terminal 2 at San Diego International Airport consists of approximately 470,000 square feet of public and nonpublic areas, providing ten additional contact aircraft gates. The expansion is three stories including passenger circulation, airline check-in/ticket lobby, security screening,..
- Turner Construction Company and Flatiron to Build New Terminal at San Diego International Airport
$2.265 billion project
- Airport Terminals - Projects
Airports: Global Reach, Local Impacts
- Western Sydney Airport (WSA) project
The Western Sydney Airport (WSA) project will deliver a second airport at Badgerys Creek in Sydney's west. WSA is being developed by the Federal Government-owned Western Sydney Airport in stages in response to passenger demand.
- Savannah Airport Commission Construction Projects
From apron expansions to new facility construction, big plans are in place for the future of Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport.
- Auckland Airport Terminal Development: Preparing New Zealand’s gateway for the future
The largest and busiest airport in New Zealand, Auckland Airport is the country’s primary gateway. In 2000, it handled 71% of arrivals and departures for New Zealand's international air passengers. Auckland Airport is one of only two commercial airports in..
- Helping FedEx serve Canada’s busiest airport
Toronto Pearson International Airport is Canada’s largest and busiest airport. About 400,000 flights pass through the airport each year, and almost 32 million passengers — a number close to the population of Canada. HMM, a joint venture of Mott MacDonald..
- Caribbean airports: new investment alliances, but privatisation delays
The Caribbean Sea has attracted some notable airport privatisation deals over the years; and some surprisingly successful ones too. It is the centre of attention now as well, as a legion of heavy-hitting operators and investors have weighed in on..
- ANR Robinson International Airport Expansion Project - Crown Point, Tobago
ANR Robinson International Airport in Crown Point, Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago, is undergoing a major expansion to boost the tourism industry in the country.
- Curacao International Airport Terminal Expansion
Located a few miles from Willemstad, the capital City of Curacao Island, in the southern Caribbean Sea, Curacao International Airport is one of the main airports in the Caribbean and an important passenger and cargo hub for the Southern Caribbean..
- Spotlight: Caribbean airport projects moving forward despite COVID-19
BNamericas takes a look at airport projects in the subregion, which is highly dependent on tourism and air travel.
- Aecon: L.F. Wade International Airport Redevelopment - St. George’s, Bermuda
Aecon worked with the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC), the Government of Bermuda, and Bermudians to develop, finance, design, build, operate and maintain Bermuda’s new world-class airport. The Public-Private Partnership (P3) project includes the construction of a new, larger, state-of-the-art airport..
- LF Wade International Airport Bermuda
LF Wade International Airport’s passenger terminal building was one of the largest infrastructure projects in Bermuda’s history.
- Hewanorra International Airport Redevelopment Project Saint Lucia
Hewanorra International Airport (IATA: UVF) is the bigger among the two airports located in Saint Lucia.
- FAA: AIP Development Projects: Engineering/Design/Construction – Central Regional Airports Division
FAA: AIP Development Projects: Engineering/Design/Construction – Central Regional Airports Division