We are a collective of architects, designers, engineers and planners working together to build a better future. Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM), is responsible for some of the world’s most technically and environmentally advanced buildings and significant public spaces. Our approach is highly collaborative, and our interdisciplinary team is international. Working from a network of creative studios across the globe, we are able to apply international expertise at a local level. We believe that design is about more than meeting people’s needs—it is the art of realizing their aspirations and changing the way they experience the world. The best results come from a balance of disciplines: planning, interiors, engineering, and architecture. This total design approach means seamless coordination, from the dynamic initial design stages to the pride in seeing users inspired by the end result.
Leading and Developing Public and Private Sector Infrastructure from small focused, specialized projects to large megaprojects.
Management | Consulting | Advisory | Development
CRW Development Leads and Develops Public and Private Sector Infrastructure from small focused, specialized projects to large megaprojects. Is an infrastructure solutions and business development company that manages projects from a financial control, quality management oversight, supply chain management and works with the designers of record and construction contractor to develop the initial tasks, milestones, schedule, deliverables, communication, staffing and management plans for execution of the project. Teams’ experience is on project oversight and management for industrial construction facilities.
CRW Development strongly supports and works to develop minority-based businesses and small businesses, these businesses play a critical role in creating jobs and driving innovation and account for 44% of U.S. economic activity. Black-owned businesses are playing a greater role in the continuing growth of the U.S. economy and CRW Development is a strong proponent, developer and facilitator of this critical segment of the economy.
Public Service Consulting | Government + Public Services | Design + Construction | Infrastructure | Renewable Energy | Telecommunications | Transportation | Water-Wastewater | Finance | Healthcare
12 Years Established: 250 Completed Projects
What we do
What Services we Offer and Sectors we serve
CRW Project Finance
Financing + Legal + Investment Advisory. CRW provides Integrated project funding into comprehensive project solutions. Dynamic funding structures for public/private partnerships.
Identification and securing of funding to facilitate public and private investment. Innovative Project Financing and Investment Planning. Capital Projects and Infrastructure.
Our industry specialists provide comprehensive, integrated financial services solutions to our focus clients and markets. Smart, innovative, sustainable approaches to developing and maintaining public infrastructure.
CRW Private Public Partnerships
Public Service Consulting | Government + Public Services
Innovative infrastructure development and service delivery through public-private partnerships with all levels of government.
Helping public sector organizations embrace innovation and transform to improve - developing relevant and sustainable public sector solutions - evidence-based public policy consulting
CRW Infrastructure | Transportation
CRW designs build and operate transportation systems that are drivers in economic development, meeting specific customer needs and maximizing the cost-effectiveness of the investment. Designing sustainable transport networks.
Conceptual studies – Surveys - Planning - Rail and Roads - Airports - Bridges
see more here on: CRW Airport Development
CRW Infrastructure | Water-Wastewater
CRW offers a full range of high-value services in the construction management for water and wastewater facilities. CRW designs builds and operates treatment plants in full compliance with environmental regulations, meeting specific customer needs and maximizing the cost-effectiveness of the investment.
Facility Operations Consulting Services - Financial Controls - Reclamation Management - Energy Management – Engineering - Large Pipe and Pipe Rehabilitation - Stormwater Management – Wastewater - Operational Improvements - Design to increasing capacity - Wide range of treatment, technology and equipment solutions.
CRW Infrastructure | Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy, Electric Generation, Transmission Systems.
Designs builds and operates power plants; development of renewable energy sources
Conceptual studies, surveys, and planning - Survey of existing electrical networks - Feasibility studies - OEM partnerships - Microgrid management - Build, Own, Operate power generation facilities - Renewable Fuel Cell Technology with Natural Gas Feed
CRW Infrastructure | Telecommunications
Conceptual studies, surveys, and planning.
Communications equipment, processing systems, and products.
Infrastructure Services and Infrastructure Delivery
Local, regional and international clients.
Total solution design, environmental engineering, urban planning.
Healthcare Services. Life Sciences + Health Care | Healthcare Management Consulting | Global Health
Working to fuel innovation, reduce cost and drive value. Holistic solutions.
CRW Design + Construction
Design + Construction | Human-Centered design.
Architecture - Construction - Building Construction
Founder and Principal CRW
Award-Winning International Entrepreneur | + 25 years of experience | Medical Consulting | Economic Development | Marketing Communications
Clients-Industries: Treasury Department, CDC, DoD Military Health System, U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Aetna, Bayer, Bank of America, Comerica, Chemical Banks, General Motors, Siemens, Toyota, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, American Medical Association and globally with Philippines and South Africa government agencies.
Hugh F. McKinney
Project Director CRW
Process Engineering | Lean Six Sigma Processes Improvement
Clients-Industries: General Motors, GM manufacturing facilities, Global experience: Africa, Jamaica, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, United States, Construction Housing, Aviation, IT, Six Sigma Process Improvement, Green Technology, City of Nashville.
Project-Business Development Manager CRW
Project and Business Development Management | +38 years experience
Clients-Industries: Power, Wastewater, Water Infrastructure, Vernamfield Aerotropolis Development, Detroit Water and Sewerage Department System, City of San Francisco Public Utilities.
Program Manager CRW
Industrial and Infrastructure Construction, Engineering and Project Management | +21 years of experience | Lead Program Manager
Clients-Industries: Infrastructure Capital Improvement Programs, +$400 million Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Renewal Project Management, City of Detroit, USA, +$40 million Design-Construction Data Center Project Management.
Patricia Funderburk Ware
President and Chief Executive Officer of The Ware Development Group Inc.
Clients-Activities-Focus: Design, Execution and Management of Projects to stimulate resident-propelled economic growth and revitalization, Director of Community Outreach Programs, political appointee, consultant, and/or a board/committee member in six U.S. Presidential Administrations. United Nations Education Science and Culture Organization (UNESCO) Goodwill Ambassador.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
Burns & McDonnell
We are a family of companies with an unmatched team of 7,600 engineers, construction professionals, architects, technologists and scientists. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned company. Our singular mission since 1898 has been to make our clients successful. When we plan, design, permit, construct and manage projects worldwide, we do it like we own it. We tackle every technical challenge, every complex detail, with the intent and attention of an owner. It’s what brings our clients back, project after project. We deliver projects with an integrated construction and design mindset, because everything is connected — design, procurement, sequencing the construction site. We leverage our knowledge, technology and commitment of ownership to deliver safe, innovative and quality projects. We are designed to build.
Insight | Ideas | Perspectives
- U of T researchers help design blueprint for Black food sovereignty in TorontoU of T researchers help design blueprint for Black food sovereignty in Toronto
- Nashville: Chattanooga to Explore Smart City Research with NSF Funds: Using a National Science Foundation grant, the city will expand on its connected transportation test bedUsing a National Science Foundation grant, the city will expand on its connected transportation test bed
- Nashville: The Titans' part in transforming Nashville's East BankNashville: The Titans' part in transforming Nashville's East Bank
- What is Urban Design and Housing?What is Urban Design and Housing? #UrbanDesign #Housing #UrbanPlanning
- Urban planner makes the case for a human rights approachRyerson graduate believes effective community planning incorporates justice, accessibility and affordability
- School of Cities University of TorontoSchool of Cities University of Toronto
- Where pro-housing groups are emergingWhere pro-housing groups are emerging
- New Pioneers: Lean Urbanism in AmericaAn entertaining book outlines how ordinary citizens can rebuild cities without the help or hindrance of big developers, big finance, and government bureaucrats.
- Leveraging proximity to downtown, physical assets, and cultureAn initiative for Westside Atlanta—an area replete with civil rights history—combines new housing and public realm improvements with a wide range of social and philanthropic programs designed to help legacy residents to thrive while the area redevelops.
- Toward Placekeeping: How design + dialogue can make cities better for everyoneAt CityLab DC, speakers focus on keeping the culture of place in the face of a changing city.
- We need ‘Goldilocks,’ not ‘voodoo,’ urbanismCities generate benefits from concentrations of talent—but also from “spreading it around.” Striking a balance results in more equity and a more resilient economy.
- Housing choice can make cities more affordable and resilientDurham, North Carolina, and Atlanta, Georgia, are part of a nationwide trend of reforming single-family-only zones to allow for a diversity of housing options.
- MaryAnne Gilmartin - Founder and Chief Executive Officer of MAG PartnersMaryAnne Gilmartin - Founder and Chief Executive Officer of MAG Partners
- MAG Partners, Safanad, Atalaya Capital Management, Qualitas Insurance Company and Urban Atelier Group top out 241 W. 28th St.MAG Partners, Safanad, Atalaya Capital Management, Qualitas Insurance Company and Urban Atelier Group top out 241 W. 28th St.
- MAG Partners celebrates topping out of first NYC project
- MAG Partners Construction Financing - 480-Unit Affordable New York Development in ChelseaMAG Partners Construction Financing - 480-Unit Affordable New York Development in Chelsea
- Q&A with MAG Partners' head of development Susi YuQ&A with MAG Partners' head of development Susi Yu
- MAG Partners 241 West 28th Street's Brick Façade Begins Installation in Chelsea, Manhattan. 241 West 28th StreetMAG Partners 241 West 28th Street's Brick Façade Begins Installation in Chelsea, Manhattan. 241 West 28th Street
- Apple teams up with HBCUs to bring coding and creativity opportunities to communities across the USExpanded partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities create community hubs for coding and creativity
- How HBCUs can accelerate Black economic mobilityHistorically Black colleges and universities are uniquely positioned to inspire and support Black Americans in the five critical roles they play in the US economy.
- How historically Black universities and colleges are drivers of U.S. growth-Since the first higher-education institution for Black Americans in the U.S. was founded in 1837, HBCUs have been supporting and educating students of colour. -Out of all bachelor degrees awarded to Black students in the U.S., 17% of these were achieved at HBCUs. -A recent McKinsey report has highlighted the significant economic and human value of supporting and funding HBCUs. -With further support, HBCUs have the potential to further accelerate Black economic mobility in many additional communities
- The Top 10 HBCUs With the Best Computer Science ProgramsThe Top 10 HBCUs With the Best Computer Science Programs
- The Tech Revolution will not be Televised, it will be DevelopedThe Tech Revolution will not be Televised, it will be Developed
- Developing Cities Need Cash. Land Value Capture Can HelpDeveloping Cities Need Cash. Land Value Capture Can Help
- Three Ways Big Cities Can Draw In Citizens In The Next 10 Years @forbesThree Ways Big Cities Can Draw In Citizens In The Next 10 Years @forbes
- Agriculture Business Innovation Center at an Historically Black College and University (HBCU) ProgramAgriculture Business Innovation Center at an Historically Black College and University (HBCU) Program
- 3 essential questions for cities in 2022 - Can cities thrive in turbulent times?3 essential questions for cities in 2022 - Can cities thrive in turbulent times?
- New urban revitalization in an underserved communityThe Atlanta neighborhood of Pittsburgh was the subject of foundation investment to develop in an equitable way.
- HBCU Leadership Hub - The Propel Center Announces $2 Million In Research GrantsHBCU Leadership Hub - The Propel Center Announces $2 Million In Research Grants
- Development Financing: How to Finance Your Next Real Estate Development VentureDevelopment Financing: How to Finance Your Next Real Estate Development Venture
- Cities of despair - or opportunity?Cities of despair - or opportunity?
- Hear Us: Shifting Capital Isn’t Just About the Amount. It’s About Who’s in Control.Op-Ed: To address racial inequity, philanthropy must redistribute its power within funding institutions and among grantees of color.
- Community Land Trust is planting the roots of housing affordabilityInitiated by area residents as part of the 11th Street Bridge Park equitable development plan, The Douglass Community Land Trust has become an important part of the housing affordability toolkit in Washington, DC.
- LISC's Black Economic Development Fund hits $250 million goal, makes first catalytic investments in Black-led banks, real estate developersLISC's Black Economic Development Fund hits $250 million goal, makes first catalytic investments in Black-led banks, real estate developers
- Perkins Eastman: Transformative Thinking: Building re-use and upgrades should be the default over teardown and new construction for a more sustainable future.Transformative Thinking: Building re-use and upgrades should be the default over teardown and new construction for a more sustainable future.
- An analysis of financial institutions in Black-majority communitiesAn analysis of financial institutions in Black-majority communities: Black borrowers and depositors face considerable challenges in accessing banking services
- The Significance of The African American Relationship to CapitalismThe Significance of The African American Relationship to Capitalism
- Why We Need Black-Owned BanksWhy We Need Black-Owned Banks
- Introducing Perkins Eastman Strategies: Future Growth Goes Beyond ArchitectureIntroducing Perkins Eastman Strategies: Future Growth Goes Beyond Architecture
- Minority entrepreneurs at a tipping point as Black-owned banks dwindle in the U.S.Minority entrepreneurs at a tipping point as Black-owned banks dwindle in the U.S.
- Capitalism And the Making and Unmaking of Black AmericaCapitalism And the Making and Unmaking of Black America
- 32 Black-owned banks and credit unions, sorted by state32 Black-owned banks and credit unions, sorted by state
- A Decade of Investment in Detroit’s Revitalization: An Oral History of Our Journey – Capital Impact Partners in Detroit
- The rise of black-majority cities: Migration patterns since 1970 created new majorities in U.S. citiesThe rise of black-majority cities: Migration patterns since 1970 created new majorities in U.S. cities
- Opinion: Investing in Black-owned banks key to ending racial disparitiesOpinion: Investing in Black-owned banks key to ending racial disparities
- HBCU Got Next: Recruiting and Developing the Next Generation of Leaders: The HBCU ELI Fellowship is Providing OpportunityHBCU Got Next: Recruiting and Developing the Next Generation of Leaders: The HBCU ELI Fellowship is Providing Opportunity
- LIIF Launches $70 Million Black Developer Capital Initiative
- Black Economic Development Fund Invests $122 Million to Support Growth of Black-owned Banks, BusinessesBlack Economic Development Fund Invests $122 Million to Support Growth of Black-owned Banks, Businesses
- In Search of the Black UtopiaIn Search of the Black Utopia
- Women and People of Color Benefiting Most from Home Business BoomThe pandemic has fueled the passage of new ordinances in cities and states allowing entrepreneurs to set up businesses from home — a boon for women and people of color who face systemic barriers.
- McKinsey: The economic state of Black America: What is and what could beThe economic state of Black America: What is and what could be
- McKinsey: Race in the workplace: The Black experience in the US private sector￼Race in the workplace: The Black experience in the US private sector
- Financing Urban Infrastructure Initiative: Innovative infrastructure financing for stakeholders in the urban finance fieldFinancing Urban Infrastructure Initiative: Innovative infrastructure financing for stakeholders in the urban finance field
- McKinsey: Building supportive ecosystems for Black-owned US businessesBuilding supportive ecosystems for Black-owned US businesses
- 8 Black Designers Challenging the Status Quo With Socially Impactful WorkWielding design as a tool for empowering underserved communities, these visionary Black architects and designers are paving the way for a more ethical future.
- Amazon Launches Accelerator Program to Grow Opportunities for Real Estate Developers of Color and Increase Affordable Housing:New pilot program is supported by a more than $21 million commitment from Amazon to provide real estate developers of color with education, mentorship, and access to capital in Amazon’s hometown communities in Washington state’s Puget Sound region; the Arlington, Virginia region; and Nashville, Tennessee
- HBCUs Punching Above Their Weight - A State-Level Analysis of Historically Black College and University Enrollment and GraduationA State-Level Analysis of Historically Black College and University Enrollment and Graduation
- 11 Black Urbanists Every Planner Should KnowFrom the first Black planner to a celebrated photographer, we recognize the people who have helped us understand how cities work — and how we can help make them better
- The emerging solidarity economy: A primer on community ownership of real estateThe emerging solidarity economy: A primer on community ownership of real estate
- Financing urban development, three business models: Johannesburg, Shanghai and LondonFinancing urban development, three business models: Johannesburg, Shanghai and London
- Student housing success: How P3 helped UC Davis meet its goals - affordability and sustainability were key to the design and construction of a new student housing developmentStudent housing success: How P3 helped UC Davis meet its goals - affordability and sustainability were key to the design and construction of a new studenthousing development
- Nashville: How developments along the Cumberland River will change Nashville | TennesseanNashville: How developments along the Cumberland River will change Nashville | Tennessean
- HBCUs Punching Above Their WeightHBCUs Punching Above Their Weight
- HBCUs Punching Above Their Weight – State PerformanceHBCUs Punching Above Their Weight – State Performance
- UC a key economic catalyst for CaliforniaUC a key economic catalyst for California
- New Report Proves HBCUs Punch Above Their WeightNew Report Proves HBCUs Punch Above Their Weight
- America’s Lost Towns of Black AffluenceAmerica’s Lost Towns of Black Affluence
- Closing the Funding Gap for Housing Developers of ColorClosing the Funding Gap for Housing Developers of Color: People of color make up an estimated less than 5% of housing developers in the U.S.
- Bank of America Helps Fuel Black Innovation with Launch of the Center for Black EntrepreneurshipIn Partnership with Morehouse College, Spelman College and the Black Economic Alliance Foundation, the Initiative is Powered by a Two-Year $10 Million Grant
- Knowledge Spillovers from Research Universities: Evidence from Endowment Value ShocksKnowledge Spillovers from Research Universities: Evidence from Endowment Value Shocks
- Expert jury set to pick new design to revamp Ottawa parliamentary precinct: Block 2, sits in the shadow of Centre Block’s Peace Tower, one of Canada’s most iconic buildingsZeidler Architecture with David Chipperfield Architects NEUF architect(e)s with Renzo Piano Building Workshop Diamond Schmitt Architects with Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG), KWC Architects and ERA Architects Provencher Roy WilkinsonEyre with IDEA Inc. Waston MacEwen Teramura Architects with Behnisch Architenkten
- Ottawa Canada: Six design concepts made the short list in a competition to redevelop Block 2 of the parliamentary precinctJury reviewing short list of designs for Block 2 of parliamentary precinct
- Apple teams up with HBCUs to bring coding and creativity opportunities to communities across the USExpanded partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities create community hubs for coding and creativity
- Economic Impact of the Nation's Historically Black Colleges and UniversitiesEconomic Impact of the Nation's Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- UC Davis generates $8.1 billion in statewide economic activityUC Davis generates $8.1 billion in statewide economic activity
- Black Design Still MattersIn 2014, students of color at Harvard’s Graduate School of Design were wondering how they could better impact social justice issues. Less than three years later, they’ve built a movement.
- Nashville: Riverside Project: Ewing Properties and SOM Unveil Nashville Riverside Master PlanNashville: Riverside Project: Ewing Properties and SOM Unveil Nashville Riverside Master Plan
- How did the new black-majority cities come about? Black-majority cities have emerged in different ways across U.S. regionsSuburbanization also drove black-majority cities’ emergence - Black-majority cities are here to stay
- 10 African-American urbanist leaders10 African-American urbanist leaders
- Nashville: Nashville’s Riverside | Episode 672Nashville: Nashville’s Riverside | Episode 672
- Nashville: Madison Realty Capital Originates $45 Million Loan for Mixed-Use River North Development in Nashville, TennesseePart of Transformational East Bank Project Supporting Nashville’s Economic Development
- Making Black history matter in public spaceMaking Black history matter in public space
- America is more diverse than ever — but still segregated: The United States is on track to be a majority-minority nation by 2044. But census data show most of our neighbors are the same race.
- Reflecting On “Race, Power, And Urban Spaces” And the Changing Landscape Of African American Urban CommunitiesReflecting On “Race, Power, And Urban Spaces” And the Changing Landscape Of African American Urban Communities
- Developers of Color Still Swimming Against the Current in Commercial Real Estate:Commercial real estate has long had a whiteness problem. A raft of new initiatives is looking to change that.
- How Urban Design Perpetuates Racial Inequality–And What We Can Do About ItOur cities weren’t created equal. But they don’t have to stay that way.
- 9 Brilliant Black Designers and Architects You Should KnowToday’s top black designers and architects tell us about their design philosophies—and speak about diversity in the field
- Real Estate Investing Structure Returns | Setting up a Real Estate Development Company: An Outline | Development Financing: How to Finance Your Next Real Estate Development VentureReal Estate Investing Structure Returns | Setting up a Real Estate Development Company: An Outline | Development Financing: How to Finance Your Next Real Estate Development Venture
- Nashville: River North Project: GBT Realty Corp. pays $60 million for River North landNashville: River North Project: GBT Realty Corp. pays $60 million for River North land
- Nashville: Riverside Project: $2.5 billion riverfront development announcedNashville: Riverside Project: $2.5 billion riverfront development announced
- Black developers call for reckoning in real estate: In aftermath of protests, new doors are opening. But they say more is needed.Black developers call for reckoning in real estate: In aftermath of protests, new doors are opening. But they say more is needed.
- Research universities create economic spilloverResearch universities create economic spillover
- Why Harvard GSD's Black in Design Conference Is Needed Now, According to Its Student OrganizersWhy Harvard GSD's Black in Design Conference Is Needed Now, According to Its Student Organizers
- Why Black in Design Matters: Learnings from the Harvard conference:Unapologetically black: Harvard’s Black in Design conference is shifting the paradigm of Black design by reframing pedagogical practices, building interdisciplinary collaborations, and contributing new thought and scholarship to the history and development of architecture and design, while offering distinct elements of “soulfulness and spiritual connectedness.” For many attendees, it was their first time attending a design conference with primarily black and brown designers, providing a safe space that is unapologetically black to generate new ideas and build diverse voices within the design community.
- Black in Design 2021: “Black Matter”The Black in Design conference, organized by the Harvard Graduate School of Design African American Student Union, recognizes the contributions of the African diaspora to the design fields and promotes discourse around the agency of the design professions to address and dismantle the institutional barriers faced by our communities.
- Meet the Black design collective reimagining how cities get built - BlackSpaceMeet the Black design collective reimagining how cities get built - Urban planning often neglects or harms communities of color by cutting them out of the decision-making process. BlackSpace, a collective of architects, designers, artists, and urban planners, is quietly working to change that
- How Historically Black Colleges and Universities Can Make the Most Of Their Property Through New PartnershipsPublic-Private Partnerships (P3’s) offer HBCUs a unique opportunity to execute substantial student housing renovations and new construction projects without incurring debt or taking a detrimental financial risk.
- How HBCUs can accelerate Black economic mobilityHistorically Black colleges and universities are uniquely positioned to inspire and support Black Americans in the five critical roles they play in the US economy.
- Public Space in North American CitiesPublic Space in North American Cities
- Project for Public Spaces: Ten Strategies for Transforming Cities and Public Spaces through PlacemakingProject for Public Spaces: Ten Strategies for Transforming Cities and Public Spaces through Placemaking
- Black Urbanists Are Leading the Fight for More Inclusive Cities:Black city planning experts on inclusion in urban planning and why everyone needs to pay attention to transportation.
- Nashville: East Bank Project: Changes coming to Nashville's East Bank of Cumberland RiverNashville: East Bank Project: Changes coming to Nashville's East Bank of Cumberland River
- Nashville: Future Nashville 2030: Tallest Under Construction and Proposed ProjectsNashville: Future Nashville 2030: Tallest Under Construction and Proposed Projects
- HBCUs MAKE AMERICA STRONG - The Positive Economic Impact of America’s Historically Black Colleges and UniversitiesThe Positive Economic Impact of America’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- CRW Project Legal AdvisoryCRW Development | Project Legal Advisory
- CRW Project Finance AdvisoryCRW Development | Project Finance Advisory
- Nashville Riverfront Concept PlanNashville Riverfront Concept Plan
- Nashville Riverfront Master PlanNashville Riverfront Master Plan
- CRW American Baptist College Presidents Report 2020CRW American Baptist College Presidents Report 2020
- American Baptist College Presidents Report 2019American Baptist College Presidents Report 2019
- The University of California, UC Davis and UC Davis Health System Economic Impact AnalysisThe University of California, UC Davis and UC Davis Health System Economic Impact Analysis CRW UC economic-impact-report California - full report
- The University of California Economic Contribution to the State of CaliforniaThe University of California Economic Contribution to the State of California CRW UC economic contribution to California - full report
- The Positive Economic Impact of America’s Historically Black Colleges and UniversitiesThe Positive Economic Impact of America’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities HBCU Impact 2017 - Major Findings
- Urban Land Institute: Successful Public Private Partnerships From Principles to PracticesTen years ago, the Urban Land Institute published Ten Principles for Successful Public/Private Partnerships. That publication set forth core principles essential for successful accomplishment of joint development by the public and private sectors, benefiting both, that neither could achieve independently.
- Structuring the Deal to be Profitable Fundamental Skills for Real Estate Development IIStructuring the Deal to be Profitable Fundamental Skills for Real Estate Development II
- Structuring the Deal to be Profitable Fundamental Skills for Real Estate Development IStructuring the Deal to be Profitable Fundamental Skills for Real Estate Development I
- Real Estate StructuringReal Estate Structuring
- Urban Land Institute: Ten Principles for Rethinking the MallTen Principles for Rethinking the Mall
- Urban Land Institute: Ten Principles for Rebuilding Neighborhood RetailTen Principles for Rebuilding Neighborhood Retail
- Urban Land Institute: Ten Principles for Developing Successful Town CentersTen Principles for Developing Successful Town Centers
- Urban Land Institute: Ten Principles for Developing Affordable HousingTen Principles for Developing Affordable Housing seeks to help those who wish to develop housing for low- and moderate-income households understand what it takes to make affordable housing projects happen. It also seeks to help policy makers and community leaders understand the principles behind the production of affordable housing
- On the Waterfront: The main currents in Perkins Eastman’s Waterfront Work - Nashville Waterfront ProjectOn the Waterfront: The main currents in Perkins Eastman’s Waterfront Work - Nashville Waterfront Project It’s a crisp spring morning in Nashville when officials from Metro Nashville Planning Department join Perkins Eastman principals Vaughan Davies and Eric Fang on board one of Metro’s fireboats for their first tour of the Cumberland River....
- OECD Financing Green Urban InfrastructureThis paper presents an overview of practices and challenges related to financing green sustainable cities. Cities are essential actors in stimulating green infrastructure; and urban finance is one of the promising ways in which this can be achieved.
- New Cities Foundation: Handbook on Urban Infrastructure FinanceIn early 2015, New Cities Foundation launched the Financing Urban Infrastructure Initiative to address critical infrastructure financing issues and challenges facing cities today. This handbook is the culmination of that initiative.
- NAHB: Land Development ChecklistLand development today involves a rigorous, comprehensive set of evaluations and approvals involving multiple parties in both the private and public sectors
- Nashville: River North Project: Recent River North deal seemingly sets record - Brentwood’s GBT pays $16.21M per acre in $60M transaction
- Mobilizing Capital to Build Communities of Opportunity Equity Well-Being LIIF Strategic PlanMobilizing Capital to Build Communities of Opportunity Equity Well-Being LIIF Strategic Plan CRW Mobilizing Capital to Build Communities of Opportunity Equity Well-Being LIIF Strategic Plan Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF) Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- KPMG Real Estate Innovations OverviewDigital transformation of industries is more present than ever in this year’s overview We recognize that especially developments in the digitizing field are becoming the cornerstone of many innovations globally We foresee that an acceleration of adoption is facilitated due to unforeseen changes, including the global pandemic Moreover, it has become evident that innovation differentiates per region across the globe and that Real Estate and Construction innovations serve the needs of the specific markets and societies.
- Urban Land Institute: Involving the Community in Neighborhood Planningneighborhood level. Collaborative neighborhood planning on issues involving land use and development, redevelopment, transportation, and economic development offers cities the opportunity to identify, coordinate, and prioritize a variety of goals with the involvement of the local community.
- HBCUs Punching Above Their Weight: A State-Level Analysis of Historically Black College and University Enrollment and GraduationHBCU graduates from 2014 can expect total earnings of $130 billion over their lifetimes—56 percent more than they could expect to earn without their college degrees.
- HBCU Economic Impact of the Nation's Historically Black Colleges and UniversitiesHBCU Economic Impact of the Nation's Historically Black Colleges and Universities - 2006
- FDIC Minority Depository Institutions List 2021CRW FDIC Minority Depository Institutions List 2021 Q3
- Cushman & Wakefield Project & Development ServicesPROJECT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY & MANAGEMENT
- Cushman & Wakefield Equity Debt Structured FinanceCushman & Wakefield’s full-spectrum financial services platform provides clients with customized and integrated debt capital solutions for all asset classes.
- Cushman & Wakefield Collateral Capital MarketsCushman & Wakefield Collateral Capital Markets
- Cushman & Wakefield Greystone MultifamilyCushman & Wakefield | Greystone’s Multifamily platform takes a progressive approach to the strategic services; full-service capabilities combine global and local knowledge to deliver tailored solutions unique to each client.
- Capital Impact Partners Entrepreneurs of Color FundInvesting in businesses owned by individuals of color provides real opportunity to drive economic growth in neighborhoods and support those entrepreneurs to grow a successful business, build wealth, and benefit from a growing economy. Realizing this potential, Capital Impact Partners is working with JPMorgan Chase, the A. James and Alice B. Clark Foundation, the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif), the Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC), and Harbor Bank to forge new pathways to entrepreneurship in the Washington, D.C. region.
- Capital Impact Partners Long Term Financing OptionsCapital Impact Partners is expanding financing options for projects in underserved communities by offering qualified borrowers access to long-term loans that could significantly reduce your organization’s monthly debt service. Through a federally guaranteed program we can provide your organization with fixed-rate, long–term financing that will support your financial stability and control facility costs.
- Capital Impact Partners Loan Closing ChecklistCapital Impact Partners Loan Closing Checklist - Capital Impact Partners Loan Closing Document Checklist Overview
- Capital Impact Partners Lending Process FinalCapital Impact Partners - Lending Process Overview
- Capital Impact Partners - Equitable Development Initiative FactsheetThe Equitable Development Initiative works to broaden participants’ skills and opportunities through three key areas
- Capital Impact Partners Corporate Overview - Place Based FocusCapital Impact Partners believes that every community has the potential to be a strong, vibrant place of opportunity. We seek to address social and economic justice issues and help ensure that communities are built on a foundation of equity, opportunity, and inclusiveness.
- Nashville: River North Project: Tower eyed for West End, Elliston split to feature neo-art deco design - Brentwood developer submits images for planned 375-foot high-riseNashville: River North Project: Tower eyed for West End, Elliston split to feature neo-art deco design - Brentwood developer submits images for planned 375-foot high-rise
- Financing Urban Infrastructure in Canada Who Should PayThe poor state of municipal infrastructure is the subject of frequent complaint in Canada. Roads are congested, transit systems are in need of major investments, bridges are crumbling, and water treatment plants need to be replaced. Municipalities continue to seek financial assistance from the federal and provincial governments, but are transfers really the best way to pay for municipal capital investments?
- Urban Infrastructure Finance and its Relationship with Land Market, Land Development and SustainabilityUrban Infrastructure Finance and its Relationship with Land Market, Land Development and Sustainability
- Value Capture Finance - Making Urban Development Pay its WayExamples throughout history and from across the globe have shown the power of Value Capture Finance (VCF) as a tool to drive sustainable urban development.
- WEF Affordable Housing Whitepaper: Making Affordable Housing a Reality in CitiesWEF Affordable Housing Whitepaper Summary: Land Acquisition & Securing Title | Land Use & Zoning Regulations | Affordable Housing Finance | Design Considerations & Construction Costs | Demand Side
- Nashville: East Bank Project: East Bank redevelopment to break ground after decades of planningNashville: East Bank Project: East Bank redevelopment to break ground after decades of planning
- A State-Level Graphic Analysis of Historically Black College and University Enrollment and GraduationUS Virgin Islands | Virginia
- The BlackSpace Manifesto: Creating Black Spaces in the Built EnvironmentThe BlackSpace collective brings together planners, architects, artists, and designers as Black urbanists, people who are passionate about the work of public systems and urban infrastructures.
- Nashville: Riverside Project: Mega development will transform massive 65-acre property in North NashvilleNashville: Riverside Project: Mega development will transform massive 65-acre property in North Nashville
- 10 Black Architects Who Shaped American CitiesThey fought racial inequality in architecture and shaped the skylines we know today
- Nashville: Archer Western begins construction of River North mixed-use development in Nashville: 817,070 square feet of developmentNashville: Archer Western begins construction of River North mixed-use development in Nashville: 817,070 square feet of development
- Nashville: River North Project: Local developer eyes River North site - GBT undertaking urban projects in city, now seemingly seeks parcels near Oracle campusNashville: River North Project: Local developer eyes River North site - GBT undertaking urban projects in city, now seemingly seeks parcels near Oracle campus
- Nashville: Riverside Project: Plans unveiled for 65-acre mixed-use Northwest Nashville neighborhood - A $2.5 billion developmentNashville: Riverside Project: Plans unveiled for 65-acre mixed-use Northwest Nashville neighborhood - A $2.5 billion development
- Nashville: River North Project: GBT Realty Corporation40 million sq. ft. of commercial real estate worth over $8 billion. Today, 5 million sq. ft. of prime assets are currently under management with another $1.185 billion in the pipeline
- Black Urban Design in a "Changing America""The city is the black man's land," reads one capsule in an exhibition at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. Its curator explains why design is a critical part of the post-1968 urban and suburban landscape—and the museum itself.
- Nashville: Riverside ProjectNashville: Riverside Project
- Nashville: Neighborhood Focus, Big Opportunities Drive Capital Spending Plan - Mayor Funds More Education and Transportation Improvements; Record Parks Investment Increases Green Space Access and Enhances Community AmenitiesNashville: Neighborhood Focus, Big Opportunities Drive Capital Spending Plan - Mayor Funds More Education and Transportation Improvements; Record Parks Investment Increases Green Space Access and Enhances Community Amenities
- Black Economic Development Fund Invests $122 Million to Support Growth of Black-owned Banks, BusinessesLISC’s Black Economic Development Fund (BEDF) has committed nearly half it’s $250 million in capital, with the remainder of the fund expected to be invested by the end of the year. “This fund is a powerful model for social investing…” said LISC’s George Ashton.
- How Historically Black Colleges And Universities Can Make The Most Of Their Property Through New PartnershipsCEO of The P3 Group Inc., overseeing the development of public facilities and urban redevelopment through public-private partnerships.
- Dream Unlimited and Great Gulf Group selected to develop Quayside - Partnership unites local and international talent to deliver needed affordable housing and public spaces and transform the 12-acre (4.9 hectare) siteAmong the highlights of the winning submission from Dream and Great Gulf were proposals to create: -800+ affordable housing units, more than doubling the affordable housing Waterfront Toronto has brought to the waterfront, with many delivered in earliest stages to address an urgent need. -New public spaces, including a two-acre forested green space, plus a significant urban farm atop one of Canada’s largest residential mass timber buildings. -A landmark cultural destination and multi-use arts venue that brings together space for the performing arts, Indigenous-centered cultural celebrations and flexible education spaces. -Exemplary low-carbon development and innovations, making Quayside the first all-electric, zero-carbon community at this scale; -Visionary world-class architecture that will raise the bar on design across the entire neighbourhood and create a visually striking focal point on Toronto’s waterfront.
- Dream Unlimited Corp and Great Gulf Group picked to build Quayside neighbourhood on Toronto's waterfrontA plan to transform a 12-acre plot of land on Toronto’s waterfront into a multi-use space with affordable housing and state-of-the-art architecture is one step closer to becoming a reality. Pending approval, shovels are expected to be in the ground by 2025 and the first occupancy at the site is targeted for 2030.
- Waterfront Toronto: Quayside Together, by Quayside Impact Limited PartnershipWaterfront Toronto launched an international competition to secure a development partner for the Quayside lands at the foot of Parliament Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East in Toronto. Dream Unlimited and Great Gulf Group (known as Quayside Impact Limited Partnership) and their team of world-class architects, and expert local partners were selected to develop this site into a complete community for residents and visitors to live, work and play.
- Nashville: Riverside Project: Updated Renderings for The Riverside: A New Mixed-Use District on West Trinity LaneNashville: Riverside Project: Updated Renderings for The Riverside: A New Mixed-Use District on West Trinity Lane
- Fundamental Skills for Real Estate DevelopmentTopics: I.Pre-development risk II.Maximum supported investment and residual land value III.Six focus areas of project management and due diligence. IV.Acquiring the site while conducting due diligence Site Objectives: 1.Managing risk. 2.Return requirements. 3.Determining price and terms for site acquisition. 4.Due diligence as part of site acquisition.
- Nashville: East Bank Planning StudyNashville: East Bank Planning Study
- Three Ways Big Cities Can Draw In Citizens In The Next 10 YearsForbes: Three Ways Big Cities Can Draw In Citizens
- Nashville: River North Project: Details emerge for condo tower planned for Green Hills - GBT’s Eden House to rise 16 floors near Vertis, Hillsboro PikeNashville: River North Project: Details emerge for condo tower planned for Green Hills - GBT’s Eden House to rise 16 floors near Vertis, Hillsboro Pike
- How HBCUs can accelerate Black economic mobilityHistorically Black colleges and universities are uniquely positioned to inspire and support Black Americans in the five critical roles they play in the US economy.
- Tocumen International Airport - Panama City, PanamaThe new Tocumen International Airport in Panama is set to increase capacity from 5.8 to 15 million passengers a year by 2022, establishing an important new hub for the Americas. The new terminal is designed to reflect the Panamanian landscape, evoking a unique sense of place to welcome visitors to the country and removing the anonymity of the international hub experience for transit passengers.
- New Manila International Airport PhilippinesNew Manila International Airport is a proposed development project to construct a second airport and attendant 2,500 hectare 'airport city' in the Filipino capital of Manila. The new airport is expected to complement air traffic operations at the existing and congested Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Two potential locations - Sangley Point (proposed by Japan International Cooperation Agency) and Manila Bay (proposed by San Miguel Corporation) - were subject to consideration by the Filipino Government. The government confirmed Manila Bay will no longer be pursued as a site option for the new Manila Airport, with the proposal for Bulacan by San Miguel Corporation for the New Manila International Airport project securing Department of Transportation approval. The PPP proposal involves construction operation, and maintenance of the airport on a 2500 hectare area of land in Bulacan, north of Manila Bay. Philippines' Department of Transportation (DOTr) and San Miguel Corporation (SMC) signed an agreement on 18-Sep-2019, allowing SMC to commence works on the PHP735 billion (USD14 billion) New Manila International Airportproject in Bulacan.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl. (ATL), Central Passenger Terminal Complex Modernization-AirsideSkanska-FS360, a joint venture, is providing preconstruction and construction management services for the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Central Passenger Terminal Complex Modernization project. The airside scope of work includes improvements to the AGT (Plane Train) Stations and Transportation Mall; new static and dynamic signage at the boarding level of Concourses T, A, B and C; and new static and dynamic signage at the Transportation Mall and Train Stations, from T gates to Concourse E. This project involves much needed renovations to the existing domestic facilities that, when completed, will unify both Terminals and enhance user experience and service throughout the airport.
- Sydney Airport Master Plan 2039 - OverviewMaster Plan 2039 sets out the strategic direction for the development of Sydney Airport over the next 20 years. It was prepared following comprehensive engagement and ongoing consultation with airlines, other members of the aviation industry, Australian and NSW Government agencies, local government, the tourism industry, the business sector and the local community. Sydney Airport is a vital infrastructure asset that generates more than $38 billion in economic activity every year for NSW and Australia. It also generates or facilitates more than 30,900 jobs at the airport and 338,500 full-time equivalent jobs across NSW and Australia.
- Geneva Airport’s East Wing: An increased focus on energy performanceGeneva Airport has completed construction of its East Wing, modernising the terminal.
- New International Airport Mexico CityA collaboration between Foster + Partners, FR-EE and NACO won the international competition to design Mexico City’s new international airport. At 743,000 square metres, it will be one of the world’s largest airports and will revolutionise airport design – the entire terminal is enclosed within a continuous lightweight gridshell, embracing walls and roof in a single, flowing form, evocative of flight.
- Nashville: Metro, state finalize $50M of funds to begin designing and buying land for East Bank 'spine connector' boulevardNashville: Metro, state finalize $50M of funds to begin designing and buying land for East Bank 'spine connector' boulevard
- Nashville: Knighthead Funding Provides $33M Construction Loan for Mixed-Use Residential Project in Nashville
- Red Sea Airport - Umluj, Tabuk, Saudi ArabiaThe new Red Sea Airport has been inspired by the forms of the desert, the green oasis and the sea, removing the usual hassle associated with travel by providing a tranquil and memorable experience for passengers from the moment they arrive. The design of the terminal aims to bring the experience of a private aircraft terminal to every traveller by providing smaller, intimate spaces that feel luxurious and personalised. The form of the roof shells cantilevers on the landside and airside to provide shade to the passengers. An internal green oasis with an indigenously planted garden forms a green focus, creating a relaxed, resort-like atmosphere within the airport terminal. The airport will be powered by 100 percent renewable energy.
- Nashville: East Bank Project: East Bank redevelopment breaks ground after decades of planning - It will be home to a new downtown neighborhoodNashville: East Bank Project: East Bank redevelopment breaks ground after decades of planning - It will be home to a new downtown neighborhood
- Nashville: Riverside Project: B. Edward Ewing - Meet the Texas tycoon (named Ewing) who says he wants to invest $500M in NashvilleB. Edward Ewing seeks Metro's commitment to bridges over Cumberland, policies that encourage taller, more expensive residential dwellings in area north of downtown Nashville.
- Kuwait International Airport - Kuwait City, KuwaitKuwait International Airport is planned to significantly increase capacity and establish a new regional air hub in the Gulf - these strategic aims will be matched by a state-of-the-art terminal building, which will provide the highest levels of comfort for passengers and will set a new environmental benchmark for airport buildings. Its design is rooted in a sense of place, responsive to the climate of one of the hottest inhabited environments on earth and inspired by local forms and materials.
- Nashville: River North Project: Monroe Investment Partners LLCNashville: River North Project: Monroe Investment Partners LLC
- Nashville: Riverside Project: Dramatic Plans Unveiled for ‘the Riverside’ An Expansive $2.5 B, 65-Acre Mixed-Use Northwest Nashville NeighborhoodExpansive $2.5 B, 65-Acre Mixed-Use Northwest Nashville Neighborhood Featuring 3-Public Parks; Downtown Waterfront Access - Ewing Properties Community to Offer 5 million square feet of Residential and Commercial Spaces Fronting the Cumberland River
- Mega Airport ProjectsMega Airport Projects
- Notorious project failures — Berlin airport: Why did it go wrong?Using a simplified framework -- composed of 10 areas of focus -- that I developed over years of teaching executives how to do better projects and that I apply consistently in my day-to-day job, I will look at projects that are currently in the spotlight. Some of them are well managed; others are poorly managed.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, IndiaDelhi's mega-scale international airport was delivered in record-beating time. Mott MacDonald saw it through from master planning to opening.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) Airport Reveals Dramatic New International Arrivals FacilityAirport offers first look as major construction concludes and testing reaches final phases
- The most expensive airport projects in 2021Of the ten most expensive airport projects that entered the execution phase in 2021, seven are located in Asia. In total, 159 airport construction projects broke ground over the last year. These projects have a combined value of almost $110bn, a slight decrease on the 134 projects that cost £131bn in 2020. 59% of all projects in the last year are based on terminals, either expansions or new developments, totalling over $87bn investment combined.
- Long Thanh International Airport VietnamLong Thanh International Airport is an airport development project which is planned to alleviate traffic congestion at Ho Chi Minh City Tan Son Nhat Airport. In the first phase, the airport is forecast to exceed its capacity of 25 million passengers p/a and 1.2 million tonnes of cargo p/a by 2025. In the second, Airports Corporation of Vietnam will develop the second runway and expand the passenger terminal to raise capacity to 50 million passengers and 1.5 million tonnes of cargo p/a. Then in the final phase, the USD16 billion (total) project is designed to have a capacity for 100 million passengers and five million tonnes of cargo p/a by 2050. The proposed airport is to be located 40km northeast of Ho Chi Minh City Tan Son Nhat Airport.
- Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International AirportUtapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport, also spelled Utapao and U-Taphao, is a joint civil-military airport serving the cities of Rayong and Pattaya, in Thailand. The airport is located approximately 140km southeast of Bangkok, near Sattahip.
- Manila-Sangley Point Danilo Atienza Air Base PhilippinesDanilo Atienza Air Base, also known as Manila Sangley International Airport, is an air force base located in the US Naval Station Sangley Point, Cavite City, near Manila. The airport is an active military base operated by the Philippine Air Force. The government seeks to redevelop the Atienza Air Base as a commercial airport to complement the existing Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport under a USD10 billion project. This project is in addition to the long term plan of developing a new airport in Manila.
- Replacing an aging terminal – San Diego’s airport development plan continuesAs the busiest single runway commercial airport in the United States and – pre COVID-19 – servicing more than 25 million passengers including one million international passengers annually, the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (Airport Authority) has laid the groundwork to replace its 53-year-old Terminal 1 at San Diego International Airport (SAN). This $3 billion Airport Development Plan (ADP) envisions the construction of a modern Terminal 1 and other improvements that will enhance the airport experience and its operational efficiency.
- Why airports should think like tech companiesInternational Airport Review’s Editor sat down with CIO of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Together they discussed the airport’s digital transformation journey. Schiphol wants to use its recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic to build back better. They are striving to become leaders of sustainability and passenger experience in the airport sector, and they believe that technology and data is the key disruptor for the industry in the future.
- Navi Mumbai International AirportNavi Mumbai International Airport is a proposed green field airport project located in Mumbai’s Kopra-Panvel area. Navi Mumbai will be Mumbai's second airport. Upon its completion, Mumbai will be the first city in India to have more than one airport. The airport is being built through a public-private partnership between the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and the Government of Maharashtra, together with Mumbai International Airports Ltd (MIAL) who is expected to hold 74% of the equity. The airport will be able to host new-generation aircraft like the A380 and Boeing 747-8. India plans to issue a 30-year concession tender for the development and operation of the airport. Following 30 years of operation, a 10-year extension will be awarded based upon the operational performance of the airport operator. India's Ministry of Civil Aviation stated that any extension beyond 40 years and before 60 years of operation will be done using a bidding process, and the existing promoter has the right of first refusal. In Jul-2016, India’s Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha advised that site clearance had been granted for the proposed Navi Mumbai Airport at Bhiwandi. Navi Mumbai will initially handle 10 million ppa. Construction commenced in Oct-2016, according to CIDCO.
- Europe’s five largest airport infrastructure construction projects that commenced in Q3 2021Here are Europe’s five largest airport infrastructure construction projects that were initiated in Q3 2021, according to GlobalData’s construction projects database.
- Infrastructure boom in Mumbai: Upcoming projects and their impactMumbai is going through an infrastructure boom, and for millions of its inhabitants, this has been long overdue. As residents of the city have been witnessing for the last few years, currently Mumbai is undergoing a massive infrastructure overhaul. This scale of augmentation was probably witnessed only pre-independence.
- Iceland’s second city airport gets terminal expansion; tourism boost neededAkureyri, Iceland’s largest city outside the Reykjavik conurbation, has made strides as a tourist centre in recent years. So much so that the state airport operator Isavia has committed to infrastructure works including a terminal extension there, costing over EUR5 million. But this comes at a time when Isavia is having to encourage airlines to operate there with huge discounts on landing fees.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto, Ontario - Innovative multidisciplinary design for Canada's largest airport.Innovative multidisciplinary design for Canada's largest airport.
- Edmonton International AirportEdmonton International Airport + One of the largest airport improvement projects in Canada.
- Tampa International Airport’s Master Plan expansionSeveral massive construction projects at Tampa International Airport are nearing completion
- Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) major capital investment programLAWA is in the midst of a major capital investment program that includes significant work on both the airfield side (terminals, runways, maintenance facilities) and the land side (LAMP and Northside Plan Update). Each of these projects include sustainability elements as part of their design, construction, and operations. This section highlights some of the sustainability elements specific to each major project.
- Collaborative Team Helps Salt Lake City International Airport’s $4.1B Airport Soar to Regional Praise, AwardsFirst-time joint venture contracting team leads thousands of workers in early completion of $4.1-billion worth of work Salt Lake City International Airport Terminal Redevelopment Program
- How ‘Insecure’ achieved its ‘mission’ to forge a real bond with South L.A.How ‘Insecure’ achieved its ‘mission’ to forge a real bond with South L.A.
- Behind the Movement to Create MoreBehind the Movement to Create More
- Nashville: River North Project: Local developer acquires River North site for undisclosed sum - GBT can reinvent property near future Oracle campus with building up to 38 floorsNashville: River North Project: Local developer acquires River North site for undisclosed sum - GBT can reinvent property near future Oracle campus with building up to 38 floors
- Largest Private Equity Real Estate Firms PEREPERE’s ranking of the 50 largest private equity real estate firms in the world
- Nashville: Perkins Eastman’s Waterfront Design ProjectsNashville: Perkins Eastman’s Waterfront Design Projects
- Confronting Urban Design’s Diversity Crisis With a Return to Black PlacesAn initiative taking shape at the University of Texas at Austin School of Architecture wants to disrupt conventional notions of planning.
- The Vitality of Black CriticismBefore his death, Greg Tate spoke with four other critics at the Pop Conference about the need for Black writers to face down racist institutions and take the lead in cultural conversations.
- Helsinki Airport Development ProgrammeThe most extensive expansion project in the history of Helsinki Airport is under way. The goal of Finavia’s giant investment programme is to develop services and customer experience and strengthen the competitive position of Helsinki Airport as a significant European airport.
- Munich Airport - Bavaria's gateway to the worldMunich Airport celebrated a milestone in 2017, after relocating from Riem to the Erdinger Moos area 25 years ago. It is now a hub with worldwide destinations and an important factor in the lives of local people and companies.
- Maputo International Airport - rehabilitation and improvement works on the airside facilitiesEnlisted by Aeroportos de Moçambique (ADM) for the design and supervision of rehabilitation and improvement works on the airside facilities at Maputo International Airport. Over the past two decades, Mozambique has experienced some of the largest economic growth in Africa, partly due to the reconstruction and development of its infrastructure. Maputo International Airport is the country’s largest airport and is crucial to the country’s continuing growth.
- San Diego International Airport Terminal 2 ExpansionThe expansion of Terminal 2 at San Diego International Airport consists of approximately 470,000 square feet of public and nonpublic areas, providing ten additional contact aircraft gates. The expansion is three stories including passenger circulation, airline check-in/ticket lobby, security screening, baggage handling, waiting areas, seating areas, concessions food court space, public art, restrooms, office space, special technology systems, and other related service/support areas. Airside facilities (approximately 1,300,000 square feet) include the aircraft parking aprons, taxiways, and taxi lanes that serve the Terminal 2 West Expansion.
- Turner Construction Company and Flatiron to Build New Terminal at San Diego International Airport$2.265 billion project
- Airport Terminals - ProjectsAirports: Global Reach, Local Impacts
- The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) is projecting gross domestic product (GDP) growth of 9.1% across its 19 Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs) in 2022, accelerating the region’s economic recovery which started in 2021The favourable outlook is anchored by an expected surge in the GDP of commodity-exporting economies by an estimated 17.5% on account of strong growth in Guyana (47.5%), emanating from increased oil and gas production, and a resurgence in energy production in Trinidad and Tobago as supply-side constraints are alleviated. Higher international prices for crude oil should translate into revenue windfall.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates's 'Letter to My Son': “Here is what I would like for you to know: In America, it is traditional to destroy the black body—it is heritage.”Ta-Nehisi Coates's 'Letter to My Son': “Here is what I would like for you to know: In America, it is traditional to destroy the black body—it is heritage.”
- Program | The Future of the African American Past ConferenceProgram | The Future of the African American Past Conference
- The case for AfroUrbanism: AfroUrbanism centers the lived experience of black people in the design and creation of black communities.It puts black culture at the fore, taking into account the past harms, current challenges, and future aspirations of black city dwellers. AfroUrbanism goes beyond Black folks practicing traditional urbanism, it explicitly requires us to employ our cultural fluency; that previously undervalued body of knowledge that planners of color have always brought to the table that, in a moment like this, can finally be recognized and prioritized
- Nashville: Nashville’s East Bank Ready to Go: Perkins Eastman's waterfront master planning will guide its progressNashville: Nashville’s East Bank Ready to Go: Perkins Eastman's waterfront master planning will guide its progress
- A Walk Along Black Wall Street: GreenwoodThe Greenwood district in Tulsa, Oklahoma was once a Mecca for African American business. Then came the racist mob.
- Western Sydney Airport (WSA) projectThe Western Sydney Airport (WSA) project will deliver a second airport at Badgerys Creek in Sydney's west. WSA is being developed by the Federal Government-owned Western Sydney Airport in stages in response to passenger demand.
- Where Can We Be Black?From Starbucks to Coachella to the Pulitzers, White America needs to get used to having us here
- Nashville: River North Project: Cumberland River site offered for $98.4M - Multi-parcel 41-acre property located near West Trinity, proposed River NorthNashville: River North Project: Cumberland River site offered for $98.4M - Multi-parcel 41-acre property located near West Trinity, proposed River North
- Conversation to action: Urban planning resource to address anti-Black racism in citiesConversation to action: Urban planning resource to address anti-Black racism in cities
- How Issa Rae Built the World of 'Insecure' - The show’s behind-the-scenes collaborations were as important to its success as the bonds portrayed on-screenThe show’s behind-the-scenes collaborations were as important to its success as the bonds portrayed on-screen
- To build safe streets, we need to address racism in urban designTo build safe streets, we need to address racism in urban design
- Developers of Color Capacity Building InitiativeAn Advancement Report for Twin Cities Local Initiatives Support Corporation Research Findings, Study Report, And Recommendations For Twin Cities Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Nashville: Principal Provides $63M Construction Loan on Nashville Multifamily ProjectNashville: Principal Provides $63M Construction Loan on Nashville Multifamily Project
- Nashville: Riverside Project: Developer eyes $2.5B project for Cumberland River: Ewing Properties pitches North Davidson County mixed-use plan once again-65-acre North Davidson County property fronting the Cumberland River The Riverside, $2.5 billion mixed-use project to include office, residential, retail and green space. -collective up to 5 million square feet of residential, office, restaurant and retail spaces, along with three open-to-the-public parks that will encompass more than 25 acres. The project envision access to downtown by water taxis.
- Urban planning can’t happen without black people in the room—Yet it doesUrban planning can’t happen without black people in the room—Yet it does
- Asset transactions decreased significantly in the airport industry in H2 2021We have analysed asset transactions using data from GlobalData.
- The state of infrastructure construction projects around the worldWe have profiled the state of infrastructure construction projects using data from GlobalData.
- Asia-Pacific is seeing a hiring boom in airport industry fintech rolesWe analysed hiring levels in airport industry fintech roles using data from GlobalData.
- Savannah Airport Commission Construction ProjectsFrom apron expansions to new facility construction, big plans are in place for the future of Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport.
- Auckland Airport Terminal Development: Preparing New Zealand’s gateway for the futureThe largest and busiest airport in New Zealand, Auckland Airport is the country’s primary gateway. In 2000, it handled 71% of arrivals and departures for New Zealand's international air passengers. Auckland Airport is one of only two commercial airports in New Zealand that can handle Boeing 747 and Airbus A380 aircraft. As part of a 30-year expansion plan announced in 2014, Auckland International Airport Limited needed a concept design that would enable a transition from separate domestic and international terminals to a single integrated terminal building.
- Helping FedEx serve Canada’s busiest airportToronto Pearson International Airport is Canada’s largest and busiest airport. About 400,000 flights pass through the airport each year, and almost 32 million passengers — a number close to the population of Canada. HMM, a joint venture of Mott MacDonald and Hatch, provided design and construction inspection services for the civil site works associated with the new FedEx facility.
- Caribbean airports: new investment alliances, but privatisation delaysThe Caribbean Sea has attracted some notable airport privatisation deals over the years; and some surprisingly successful ones too. It is the centre of attention now as well, as a legion of heavy-hitting operators and investors have weighed in on the concession for the airport in Bridgetown, Barbados.
- ANR Robinson International Airport Expansion Project - Crown Point, TobagoANR Robinson International Airport in Crown Point, Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago, is undergoing a major expansion to boost the tourism industry in the country.
- Curacao International Airport Terminal ExpansionLocated a few miles from Willemstad, the capital City of Curacao Island, in the southern Caribbean Sea, Curacao International Airport is one of the main airports in the Caribbean and an important passenger and cargo hub for the Southern Caribbean region.
- Stantec: Caribbean ProjectsCaribbean Projects; airport projects; port projects
- Spotlight: Caribbean airport projects moving forward despite COVID-19BNamericas takes a look at airport projects in the subregion, which is highly dependent on tourism and air travel.
- Aecon: L.F. Wade International Airport Redevelopment - St. George’s, BermudaAecon worked with the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC), the Government of Bermuda, and Bermudians to develop, finance, design, build, operate and maintain Bermuda’s new world-class airport. The Public-Private Partnership (P3) project includes the construction of a new, larger, state-of-the-art airport terminal while operating and improving traffic flow throughout the existing terminal, as well as the renovation of existing facilities and provision of new retail spaces.
- LF Wade International Airport BermudaLF Wade International Airport’s passenger terminal building was one of the largest infrastructure projects in Bermuda’s history.
- Hewanorra International Airport Redevelopment Project Saint LuciaHewanorra International Airport (IATA: UVF) is the bigger among the two airports located in Saint Lucia.
- Nashville: Nashville Riverfront Concept PlanNashville: Nashville Riverfront Concept Plan
- Nashville: Riverside Project: B. Edward Ewing - ProfileNashville: Riverside Project: B. Edward Ewing - Profile
- Reach for the sky: The next generation of aviationThe aviation industry is undergoing change. Future Flight Challenge has been created to assist the industry its evolution.
- Nashville: To restore North Nashville’s Black middle class, local policymakers should pursue reparationsAddressing the economic conditions inhibiting college attainment North Nashville needs a reparations policy
- FAA: AIP Development Projects: Engineering/Design/Construction – Central Regional Airports DivisionFAA: AIP Development Projects: Engineering/Design/Construction – Central Regional Airports Division
- Nashville: East Bank Planning StudyNashville: East Bank Planning Study
- The new health industry ecosystem: What’s your “way to play”?We are at a genuine tipping point. The health industry is for a variety of reasons ready to change
- Digital Manufacturing Is (Finally) Coming to PharmaIndustry 4.0 tools can cut manufacturing costs by up to 20%, improve quality and make deliveries more reliable - Bain & Company
- How digital transformation can benefit the entire health care ecosystemThe digitalization of services and entire business models promises better results for health care companies, payers and patients alike.
- 5 key trends for the future of healthcareThese awe-inspiring scenarios have all recently unfolded in what is undoubtedly a golden era of innovation in healthcare.
- Forces of Change - The Future of HealthThe future of health will likely be driven by digital transformation enabled by radically interoperable data and open, secure platforms. Health is likely to revolve around sustaining well-being rather than responding to illness. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/industry/health-care/forces-of-change-health-care.html
- The Future of HealthcareThe Future of Healthcare https://thefutureishere.economist.com/healthcare/
- A new mindset for public sector leadershipA new mindset for public sector leadership - Government and public services have changed substantially in the past decade and so have the demands on public sector leaders. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/insights/industry/public-sector/public-sector-leadership-changing-mindset.html
- Shaping the Future of Health and HealthcareTransforming the healthcare industry while promoting healthy lives and ensuring access to affordable quality care for all. Global healthcare spending is projected to increase from $7.7 trillion in 2017 to $10 trillion by 2020. https://www.weforum.org/platforms/shaping-the-future-of-health-and-healthcare
- Skidmore, Owings & MerrillSOM has developed a portfolio of world-renowned projects and a reputation for delivering the highest quality of service and innovation. Since the firm’s inception in 1936, SOM has received over 2,000 design awards—more than any other design firm in the country. SOM continues to look forward to the future of design, embracing new innovations and technologies. We help our clients meet challenges head on, and create solutions that address both current and future needs. https://www.crwdevelopment.net/skidmore-owings-merrill/